Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More of What is Blooming!

Sorry...forgot the name of this one.

Purple Coneflower

Coreopsis

Azalea (This one was here when I moved in, so I don't know which variety it is.  I have a purple on too that is is bloom already.)

Carolina Jasmine

Clematis ( A few weeks ago, I couldn't tell that this was even there, but for the paint stick marking where I had planted it last year.  Thanks mom!)

My climbing rose.  I need to build a trellis for it.  I also have to spray it or the caterpillars will eat every single leaf off of it.

Sedum (This will bloom through most of the late summer through fall.)

Yarrow (Thanks M.B.)

Daisy of some sort.  Another M.B. gift.  Apparently she throws away bags full of these daisies every year.  Sounds like a good problem to have.

I also found just found some Gladiolus coming up that I missed last year when I dug the rest up.  There was also some of what my mom calls "Moses in the bull rush".  It looks like a Wandering Jew but is darker and has pink leaves.  I will ask my resident flower identifier M.B for a final analysis.  (M.B. is my wife's grandmother.)
The hostas continue to grow every day.  I had to put the deer fencing up to keep them from getting eaten, but unfortunately, it is not kid proof.

I am planning on going to the State Botanical Gardens on Saturday with some friends from work to take photos.  Hopefully, I will get some ideas and will post some pics this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures!
    We've got a bunch of Carolina Jasmine blooming at our property right now and we love it!
    I didn't realize you had some many different plants in your yard. We'll have to visit in the summer time to see them all.

    ReplyDelete